Class 3 - Miss Roberts 2023 - 2024
We have many exciting activities planned during the spring term and we cannot wait to explore and learn about them all with you. During spring, our topic will be 'Stone Age to Iron Age'.
We will incorporate our topic into all of our subject areas where appropriate. Below is a short overview of what will be taught in each subject.
In English this term, we will be exploring two books:
'Stone Age Boy' by Satoshi Kitamura
'Big Blue Whale' by Nicola Davies
During the first half of the term, we will rewrite the story 'Stone Age Boy' so that it is from the point of view of the boy. Then, during the second half, we will write an informative article about whales persuading for the protection of the blue whale
In Maths this term, we will be focusing on multiplication and division; length and perimeter; and fractions
We will also learn through lots of active maths activities using Maths of the Day. We will also be focusing on our times tables this year and practice these daily to ensure we are confident with our multiplication.
In Science, our first topic will be 'Plants' where we will describe the functions of different parts of flowering plants; explore the requirements of plants for life and growth; and explore the plant's life cycle. Our second topic will be 'Rocks' where we will be looking at grouping different types of rocks, describing how fossils are formed, and recognise that soil is made from rocks.
In RE we will be focusing on
History and Geography
- Our school day will begin at 8:50 am and end at 3:20 pm
- PE will be every Tuesday afternoon. Children will come into school in their PE kits and will stay in them all day. Please ensure that your child has the appropriate PE kit (information about the correct uniform has been sent by Mr Landrum via Class Dojo/Parent App).
- Asthma inhalers/medication must be handed into the office with the appropriate paperwork and will be administered in class as necessary. You will be informed if your child has used their inhaler during the day.
- Homework will be given on a Friday and returned by the following Thursday. Your child will receive handwriting and a maths activity.
- Reading books will also be sent home with your child. You must support your child with their reading journey so please ensure that they are reading each night. Reading records should be signed and returned to school with the book once your child has read their book 3 times.
- If you have any questions, queries, or worries, please do contact the office to arrange an appointment with Miss Roberts, we are always here if you need us :)
Files to Download
Class 3 - Miss Roberts: News items
There are no News items to display
Class 3 - Miss Roberts: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Class 3 - Miss Roberts: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Class 3 - Miss Roberts: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display